©Copyright Danielle Maxwell
Oh to be courageous
When the sky is falling in
Oh to be honest to see it
Oh to have the perseverance to hold it up
And, oh to have the zest for life and not get gobbled up!
The sky has been falling since 2008
The news spread far and wide.
And then it reached home
What would happen if we had the courage to let it fall in and get gobbled up by the wolf as in the story of Chicken Licken?
But what about you, them, theirs and me!
What happens to us?
The minions of us who work in e.g. education, health, the arts, maintenance services, manufacturing, engineering, construction, innovation, farming, retail, finance, private and public banking, the pickers in the worlds largest garbage dump in Rio de Janeiro are all part of the global stew, and wolves love stews. What about us?
- Those of us, who sweep the floors, clean and polish the windows.
- Those of us, who manage those who sweep the floors, clean and polish the windows.
- Those of us, who profit from companies we own who supply the people, who sweep the floors, clean and polish the windows.
- Those of us, who contract our companies to other companies to sweep the floors, clean and polish the windows.
- Those of us who re-invest our profits from our companies to construct the buildings that own the companies, who are contracted to other companies to sweep the floors, clean and polish the windows.
- Those of us who invest profits from our companies in the earth’s natural resources that supplies the raw materials to build the buildings, the brushes to sweep the floors, materials to clean and polish the windows.
- Those of us who invest profits in the earth’s natural resources from the profits of our companies to feed, clothe and house us so we can own more buildings and companies to sweep the floors, clean and polish the windows.
- Which of us control and own the natural resources below our feet and the economic world sky above our heads that keep us sweeping floors, cleaning and polishing windows to keep the fires burning?
- Which of us are advising and directing the governments who set the rules to manage the sky so that we can keep on sweeping the floors, cleaning and polishing windows on the global stage?
- Do we have the courage to want to know ‘the games’ that are being played with our profits, sweat and wit on our behalf as we continue to sweep the floors, clean and polish the windows?
What courage we have all demonstrated getting up each day of our life, going to work, selling our time and knowledge for cash to live our lives, educate our children, and enjoy the fruits of our labor. The more we got the more we wanted. Like the wolf we gobbled it all up and the roof is still falling in.
What now Mr. Wolf?
Who is next?
Where can to-days Chicken Licken and her followers go to tell that the roof is falling in and who has the courage to help them not get gobbled up? What can be done? Do you know? Do I know? Do they know?
Courage like the possible self can work for or against you……courage to get what you want at any cost, to be the greedy person or not. It’s all a choice. Courage to make changes that effect your life and those around you, courage to be the possible self that can radiate compassion, empathy, love, generosity, gratitude, trust and kindness as the sky falls and as we put scaffolding under it. How we are behaving, what we are saying, what we are doing, what we are thinking matters in times of change and challenge. It takes courage to see the possibilities and potential and even more so to take action, bold action to make a difference when our own roof is falling in.
©Copyright The Possible Self